[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi in stable? (New subject)

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Oct 19 14:19:25 MST 2004

mattf wrote:

> With other projects maybe, but with Asterisk it's hardly the wild side. This
> project has consistently had the most stable CVS versions of any project
> I've ever used code from.

This will change.  Heck, it already has.  None of the 3rd party Asterisk
modules that I know of will work with -HEAD.  chan_h323 was broken for a
while, Caller*ID was broken for a while.

Asterisk is growing up.  Instead of having only one CVS branch where
everyone has to be VERY careful about adding new features, we now have
two CVS branches, 1.0-STABLE and CVS-HEAD.  Where -STABLE is only bug
fixes and -HEAD is used to try out new features, code, etc.  I don't
care if the CVS-HEAD version of Asterisk breaks since I use Asterisk on
production systems and use 1.0-STABLE.  If 1.0-STABLE broke or changed
behavour I'd be pretty pissed off.