[Asterisk-Users] test-driving G.729?

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:14:51 MST 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:59:03 -0400, Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT)
<seshu.kanuri at morganstanley.com> wrote:

> Remember that we discussed this at length over about 3000 posts. I again
> reiterate that it is called a "HACK" and I am Ok with what you are
> doing. Kevin and Others in this forum has made the licensing point very
> clear.
>
> All I am saying is let us call a spade a spade.
>
> Seshu

My intention on the previous message was only to show an alternative
to whom have asked for a free trial of G729. If it is legal or not, I
can't tell for sure. And as I recall, there are people in this list
that believe it is legal, and people that believe it isn't. And these
two "kinds of people" won't ever come to an agreement. So I truly hope
that my message doesn't start it over again. :)

All I was disagreeing was (I'm sorry for not making it clear): the
sound quality isn't bad. In fact, it is great. But anyone willing to
use the hack/patch/whatever should check his/her conscience/lawyer
before doing so.

Marconi.