[Asterisk-Users] On PRI: Getting (or faking) the ringing tone for outbound calls

Jerry Glomph Black asterisk-users at glomph.com
Tue Oct 19 11:08:48 MST 2004

In the UK I have successfully cross-linked an Asterisk box (w/Digium E1 card) to
the office PBX (Small Siemens).  Works great in both directions!

But...

When calling FROM asterisk TO the PBX, the caller hears -no ringing-, just
silence.  Users have been interpreting the silence (can be 20 seconds before the
Siemens voicemail kicks in for a No Answer situation) as a dead line.

I have tried faking the ringing with various Asterisk methods, and have had
no useful result.

I'm sure users on this list have encountered and overcome this problem.

Thanks!
JG Black  Seattle Washington