[Asterisk-Users] VoIP over 1xRTT

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Tue Oct 19 04:13:32 MST 2004

I also have a Samsung i700 phone, and their newer i600 (Mobile Windows
2003), both through Verizon.  With both phones you can purchase
unlimited Internet access for $79 per month.  Both phones are able to
browse the Internet, send and receive email, and use the roll-up
keyboard.  As such, I'm having a tough time understanding why you would
want to use wireless (802.11?) to connect these things to your local
network when the freedom comes from being able to use the build-in
Internet Access.  Verizon plans to have their EVD Network throughout the
US by the end of 2005 (it's currently only in Washington DC and San
Diego.

I cannot understand why you would want to try to get your laptop to go
online through the phone or vice-versa, the phones can do just about
everything you would want to do online, so why bother trying to connect
a laptop?  Many of our company's traveling executives travel with the
i700 in order to keep up with email.  This keeps them from having to lug
their laptops around and search out an Internet connection for them.