[Asterisk-Users] Intercept HOLD of Snom phones

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 00:18:24 MST 2004

Magnus:
> I would like to decide using the callerid which music on hold is tobe
> played: That is: play "free" music to calls from the outside
> but play copyrighted music if I put an internal call on hold
> (i.e. a co-worker).
> Is this possible ?

Yes, and it's easier than intercepting the hold request.

Add the following lines to your musiconhold.conf:

INTERNAL => mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/internal
EXTERNAL => mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/external

and put your music into the appropriate directories.

In the dial plan, for internal calls insert the line:

exten => whatever,whatever,SetMusicOnHold(INTERNAL)

and for external calls, insert the line:

exten => whatever,whatever,SetMusicOnHold(EXTERNAL)

in the appropriate places.

Voila.

Nick Barnes