[Asterisk-Users] VoIP over 1xRTT

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Mon Oct 18 15:25:21 MST 2004

My concern is Sprint would consider this a threat to their "Bread and
Butter". Why buy one of their $100/mo plans for 2000 Anytime Minutes when
you can get a $50/mo data plan and use an unlimited VOIP carrier. Why pay
their overpriced International rates, when you can just go through a VOIP
carrier.

With Verizon, I'm getting the Samsung i700 PDA phone. It runs Windows Mobile
2003, which is based off CE. I believe I found a SIP client for it. Using a
wireless SD card in the SDIO slot it comes with, anytime I'm in range of a
hotspot, I'll be able to go online and use the SIP client. Effectively
turning my Cell phone into a wireless SIP phone when in range of a hot spot.
Would be really nice when I'm in Australia. Also found an ssh client for it
and a small roll out keyboard.

I know I can get my laptop to go online through this phone, but I wonder if
the phone can go online through my laptop. If so, anytime my laptop has
internet access, such as from Ethernet, the sip client on the pda-phone
would work. Thus turning it into a usb phone. Hehe.

I love technology... Most of the time.