[Asterisk-Users] Distorted Ringback

Eric eric at monmouth.com
Mon Oct 18 12:41:31 MST 2004

Hi,

I recently posted to the list about forcing a particular codec along
the path of a call and transcoding the voicepath, http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-October/065218.html,
to which I've been able to tame, thanks to the help of the list.

I now have a new problem-  When I place a call from my grandstream, I
hear a distorted ringback.  Once the call is answered, everything sounds
fine.

sip0 an * box which handles registreation and pbx functions.  sip1 is
the pstn gateway with pri interfaces.

Setup is as follows:

            (iLBC)             (ulaw)

Nothing is allowed to reinvite in this scenerio, the call path is
exactly as you see above.

Has anyone run into a problem like this with a similar setup?

- Eric