[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk System Management User Interface

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 18 12:05:05 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 13:58 -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	What kind of user interface is most common when managing an
> Asterisk PBX?  If this question sounds odd, here is what I am after.

Most all work is done in text files. Beyond that, some work has been
done to move the test conf files into database tables.

As for scripting, if it gets to be too complicated for the extensions
logic, you can build AGI scripts that let you do more advanced work.
People such as Tilghman though are always making new applications for
asterisk so they don't have to shell out with AGI to get complicated
work done.