[Asterisk-Users] IAXy setup

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 18 10:36:54 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 13:34 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> Ah, I see your point and apologize for the misunderstanding.  Large
> deployments could be a problem, thats for sure.
>
> If you need the MAC address I would suggest a cheap Dell wireless router (as
> many others do I am sure) as it logs the MAC addy along with the DHCP addy.

It seems that is standard for wireless routers. I know it is on a
linksys I deployed at my moms house, and the USR at my home and sisters
office. I think I remember it in the netgear at my office. Most of these
routers use it as a way to turn on the mac based exclude/include lists
to help protect the wireless side of the network and allowed it to carry
over to the wired side as well.