[Asterisk-Users] Getting Call-ID w/o CDR platform

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 18 07:04:03 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 09:58 -0400, Darren Sessions wrote:
> Is there a way to get the Call ID off of a call that runs through *
> without loading any kind of billing CDR platform?
>
> If not, I think it would be a great addition to * if the Call ID was
> passed as variable (in AGI).

It would be really cool if you could read the documentation.

Guessing by your impatience and the fact that you asked what should be
obvious questions. You probably haven't waited for the CallerID to be
processed before going into either AGI or whatever. Even on PRI lines
you need to let a ring happen before going into your AGI. The CallerID
will be there if it is available. If you see it in your Master.cdr, it
is read and availble, just put a wait in before your AGI app.