[Asterisk-Users] Automated calling/Bridging and takedown in Asterisk?

Jack Turer jack_turer at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 02:59:24 MST 2004

I am working on a web phone interface to give normal
phonesets more 'virtual buttons'..etc, like the
expensive executive phones via control via the web.
This lead me to the following issue:

I am wondering if it is possible (it doesn't seem to
as far as I can tell) to make a script (AGI or
otherwise) that will have asterisk automatically do
the following without the user needing to originate
any calls on their telephone:

-Call an extension, hold on to the call (call A)
-Call another extension, hold on to the call (call B)
-Bridge the two calls (A and B) together (so the two
extensions can talk to each other)
-Later the script drops call B, but keeps call A up
-Then asterisk calls another extension (call C)
-Then asterisk bridges A with C so then they can talk
to each other
..then later the same thing again (call D, then bridge
with A)..etc...etc,

Allthis would be AGI or script driven without any user
having to press anything on his phone.

Is this possible (the main issue I see in asterisk is
that I cannot find a command in the asterisk API to
bridge/unbridge calls like this without something
being originated by a call into asterisk from a user).
I looked at meetme, but it doesn't seem appropriate
for what I want to do above.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Jack