[Asterisk-Users] Re: Advice on OS Choice

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Thu Oct 14 16:38:32 MST 2004

On 14-Oct-2004, Joe Greco wrote:
> The GPL strips some of these freedoms by forcing the distribution of
> source code.  It does not, however, prevent the code from being sold.

This is not what is concerning about RedHat's behavior.  They require
you to purchase RHEL if you intend to use it.  I don't misunderstand
the GPL in that it allows them to sell RHEL.  I am confused how they
can disallow people from using it without payment.

RedHat further encumbers RHEL with a EULA which extends the GPL and
further restricts your rights to use the product.

--
David McNett <nugget at slacker.com>
http://slacker.com/~nugget/