[Asterisk-Users] Unable To retrieve DTMF tone from INFO message

Tim Robbins tim at teragen.com.au
Thu Oct 14 16:04:42 MST 2004

Sibtay Abbas wrote:

>Hi
>
>I know this question has been asked before and i have
>also checked the previous archives..but still in vain
>
>Ok i am receving this message (Unable To retrieve DTMF
>tone from INFO message) in asterisk console when i
>send the following info message
>
>INFO sip:172.16.0.32 SIP/2.0
>Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 172.16.0.21
>From: <sip:6000 at 172.16.0.21>
>To: <sip:6001 at 172.16.0.32>
>Call-ID: 111111 at 172.16.0.21
>CSeq: 21 INFO
>ContentLength: 26
>Signal= 2
>Duration= 250
>

>6001 is basically my voice mail box number.
>Is this all you have to sent in an INFO message?
>Or the "Message Body" should contain the actual dtmf
>tone.

There are a few problems with this message: at the very least,
"ContentLength" should be "Content-Length", and there should be a blank
line separating the headers and the message body. You should also make
sure that Content-Length is correct for the message body you're sending,
and that the lines are terminated with CR LF.

Tim