[Asterisk-Users] FireFly SIP Registration Interval

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Thu Oct 14 12:09:40 MST 2004

I put FireFly on my mom's computer, but ran into a problem. She went home
and was able to place calls from it (using her headset and such). But, she
could not receive calls. I figured out the problem was with the
registration, firefly doesn't re-register often enough, so the connection
gets stale and the NAT Device forgets about the connection, so no new
incoming calls can be made.

I put X-Lite on her computer and changed the re-registration interval from
the default of 3600 to 60 seconds. Now I can call her anytime. But, there's
choppiness on the line. Her ability to transmit/upload/send voice to me is
bad, I hear choppiness and such. FireFly worked fine, no choppiness, same
router, same connection. I tried X-Lite and FireFly on my laptop but both
perform equally. I like the simplicity and interface of firefly, it's nicer,
anybody know of a way to change the sip registration interval?

Anybody know of another program other than x-lite or firefly? One that
doesn't have problems sending audio and one that allows you to change the
sip registration interval?

Thanks,

Deon