[Asterisk-Users] 3 way calling feature

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Oct 14 06:23:38 MST 2004

Ah Qiang wrote:
> Has anyone able to implement the 3 way calling feature? I have a 3
> way calling plan with my telco. what I need to do is to call a number
> ,flashhook,call a 2nd number,flashhook , then the two party will be
> able to talk to each other. I am doing all this on a FXO card and all the
> calls are outgoing pstn calls. Any idea of how todo this?

We talked about this on IRC.  The above description does not even have
close to enough information for anyone to help you.  You didn't
mention that you want Asterisk to initate the calls, not you.  You
didn't mention that you would be on your cell phone.  You didn't
diagram anything.  In fact, your description of what you want to do
guarntees what nobody will be able to help you.  Spend some TIME
writing up a detailed description what what you are trying to do,
things people have suggested that did not work.

Oh, and stop using the term "3-way call".  A three-way call is done
using FXS ports.  You are using all FXO and so the term does not
really apply here.