{SPAM?} [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk VIA SSH Tunnels

Thu Oct 14 05:33:50 MST 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:10:23 +0200, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
<tih at eunetnorge.no> wrote:

> > As far as I know OpenVPN is not IPsec and thereby non-standard.
>
> Oh, absolutely.  I never claimed it adhered to any standard.

But you made it sound as if it had cross-platform advantages over
OpenSwan which I believe to have been misleading -- not intentionally
of course -- because cross-platform compatibility of OpenSwan comes
through adhering to the IPsec standard.

> does one heck of a great job implementing a VPN solution with lots of
> useful features, and incredible flexibility.

So do the various implementations of IPsec, including OpenSwan.

rgds
benjk
Tokyo, Japan.