[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Post Paid Application

Dido Sevilla dido.sevilla at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 03:09:07 MST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:46:48 -0600, Darren Wiebe <darren at hagenhomes.com> wrote:
> I have taken the astcc program which is designed for calling cards and
> used it to create a very basic post-pay system.  This allows your users
> to make multiple calls at one and puts the cost against their card.
> Their card is allowed to run into negative balances.  This is a very
> simple system.  Please be aware that this is only in beta status.

Hmm... Isn't what you've described a *prepaid* system? I pay before
using the service, and  I get to use it until I consume the value I
paid...? A postpaid system means that I pay *after* using the service,
usually this connotes monthly service fees... That seems to be the
terminology used by my country's telecom services, and it seems to be
the same elsewhere as well.

Just a thought. It may confuse people later on.