[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 190: Good or crappy

Sudhir Kumar sudhir1 at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 13 15:16:02 MST 2004

I purchased couple of SNOM 190 phones last week. Connected them to the
Asterisk server, and they seemed to work fine. However, after sometime
they seem to lose registration with Asterisk as I can make calls but
cannot receive calls.

I hope this is due to some incorrect setting on my part but cannot
figure out what? Any suggestions?

The headset (has Lucent's logo on them but look like Plantronics') would
not work properly either. There is no audio on the other side whereas
the same headset works great with GS HandyTone-Analog Phone combination.
Finally, I tried putting an amplifier in the middle and now the headset
works ok.

The handset keeps falling off the cradle. Very poor design IMO.

In any case, now that I have purchased the SNOM 190 phones (with a lot
of expectation I must add), I have to live with it. Any suggestion about
what do I need to change so that it can always receive calls.

Thanks,
-- sudhir