[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960G "disk full error"

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Tue Oct 12 15:20:38 MST 2004

> I upgraded 6 7960G's the other week, all at the same time, all starting
> with
> year 2000 SCCP firmware on them.
>
> You cannot upgrade these phones directly to SIP7.2.

Actually you can.  You put in your OS79XX.TXT P003-07-2-00 which is the UAL.
The UAL is around 125k, then in your .cnf files ie SIPDefault.cnf you put
P0S3-07-2-00.  The reason you can't upgrade some older SCCP phones is the
buffer in the phone isn't large enough to take a load that's larger than
about 400K.  You should be able to load the UAL without a problem on most
phones.  I have done it more than a dozen times without a problem.

bkw