[Asterisk-Users] Control Panel

Peter Osborne pete at bookware3000.ca
Tue Oct 12 12:10:24 MST 2004

Hi All,

I would like to add a panel to our in-house web based CRM software that
displays the status of people's extensions similar to the way the Asterisk
Flash Control Panel does but I would like to use either straight html or
dynamically generated GIF images.

First off, I assume I can connect to the Asterisk Manager and get the status
of each extension but I would like to keep the page's up-to-date (without
reloading the page) by adding some Javascript to keep updating a dynamically
generated image that displays the status every 10 seconds or so.

Naturally I would cache the generated images so that the server isn't
generating an image for every user. Does this sound reasonable or will it
incur too much load on the Asterisk server.

My Asterisk server is a PIII 800mhz with 128mb RAM, TDM400 with 4 FXO's and
about 6 SIP phones.

Ideas are more than welcome,
Thanks,
Pete