[Asterisk-Users] * box hangs after a couple of days...

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Tue Oct 12 11:54:29 MST 2004

Hi Steven,

This is a rather bold statement. Can you comment on why IDE raid might get a
conflict in handling irq's with zaptel hardware ?

We are all aware of the amount of interrupts needed by zaptel, but I've
handled quite a few boxes with mirrored IDE configs with zaptel cards in
them, and I've never seen that to be a problem - unless the raid-software
starts syncing. In that case the zaptel drivers might become a little
crappy, but I've never seen it crash, even at high loads...

I would _love_ to create an inventory of issues that can, under reproducable
conditions, kill asterisk and/or the box it runs on. This might allow all of
us to learn from each other and see what kind of configs to avoid.

Best regards,
Florian