[Asterisk-Users] * box hangs after a couple of days...

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Oct 12 11:15:35 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 12:02 -0600, Michael Loftis wrote:
> Well it's almost 100% sure that it's the zaptel drivers.  Because I just
> came back and the box's filesystem is hosed.  Won't even boot now.
> Hopefully I can get all my work back from /etc.
>
> I'm really worried about putting Zaptel hardware into production now, if I
> can't make a smoking gun point at a pair of bad mirror drives then that
> means zaptel and/or the wcfxs/wct1xxp.
>
> Anypone else having ant ext3+zap+wct1xxp+wcfxs issues to report?

You seem to have too much confidence in your raid setup. I'm wondering
if you are using a highpoint semi software raid since you have mentioned
an AMD machine and IDE drives. You probably are having IDE problems
arising from the number of interupts needed for zap hardware. Looks like
you need to go looking for some replacement hardware.