[Asterisk-Users] Disable flash hook hold?

Barton Hodges barton at gcmcomputers.com
Tue Oct 12 08:43:54 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
>> Currently, if I briefly press the flash hook on my phone, the
caller
>> is placed on hold.  I would like for the channel to hangup if I do
>> this instead, never placing a caller on hold (I'll be using
>> call-parking instead).  I disabled threewaycalling that is supposed
>> to control this, but it doesn't make any difference:
>>
> I'm assuming you mean zapata.conf not sip.conf. These settings do
not
> affect sip clients. The sip client manages its own flash settings,
> not asterisk.
> Also, when
> you modify the
> zapata.conf file you must shutdown and restart asterisk for
> the changes
> to be recognized.
>
> I have the following settings in my zapata.conf and it works
> fine for me.
>
> [channels]
> callwaiting=no
> callwaitingcallerid=no
> threewaycalling=no
> transfer=no
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> echotraining=yes
>
> rxflash=50
>
> The rxflash setting is to shorten the length of time the
> on-hook button
> needs to be depressed before a hangup is registered.

Thanks.  Yes, of course I meant zapata.conf, sorry.

I've tried changing each of these settings:
; prewink:     Pre-wink time (default 50ms)
; preflash:    Pre-flash time (default 50ms)
; wink:        Wink time (default 150ms)
; flash:       Flash time (default 750ms)
; start:       Start time (default 1500ms)
; rxwink:      Receiver wink time (default 300ms)
; rxflash:     Receiver flashtime (default 1250ms)
; debounce:    Debounce timing (default 600ms)

Even when I set rxflash=1 and restart Asterisk, the flash-hold is
still enabled... it might shorten the amount of time before hangup,
but what I really need is to completely disable the flash-hold and
hangup as soon as the flash is received.  Perhaps this has something
to do with another parameter such as debounce?  Is there any
documentation that describes in depth what those parameters actually
do?