[Asterisk-Users] Disable flash hook hold?

Paul Zimm pbzinc at dejazzd.com
Tue Oct 12 08:22:51 MST 2004

>Currently, if I briefly press the flash hook on my phone, the caller
>is placed on hold.  I would like for the channel to hangup if I do
>this instead, never placing a caller on hold (I'll be using
>call-parking instead).  I disabled threewaycalling that is supposed to
>control this, but it doesn't make any difference:
>
>"threewaycalling: If enabled, you can place a call on hold by pressing
>a hook flash, whereupon you get a dialrecall tone and can make another
>call. Default: no."
>
>Here are the relevent sip.conf statements.  What am I doing wrong?

I'm assuming you mean zapata.conf not sip.conf. These settings do not
affect sip clients.
The sip client manages its own flash settings, not asterisk. Also, when
you modify the
zapata.conf file you must shutdown and restart asterisk for the changes
to be recognized.

I have the following settings in my zapata.conf and it works fine for me.

[channels]
callwaiting=no
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes

rxflash=50

The rxflash setting is to shorten the length of time the on-hook button
needs to be depressed before a hangup is registered.