[Asterisk-Users] CED tone and answering machine detection

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 11 21:40:32 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 12:26 +0800, Joseph Shi wrote:
> Does anybody know whether Asterisk is capable of detecting fax tone (i.e.
> CED tone) or answering machine (i.e. long voice) on an outbound call - using
> Zaptel and/or SIP?  It seems that it is only capable of detecting fax tone
> on an incoming call using Zaptel only.  I'm trying to determine if Asterisk
> can be used for predictive dialer with answering machine and fax elimination
> features.  Please advise.

Go read the source code. You will find that asterisk is able to do quite
a bit of software DSP work on a call regardless of call direction.

Think four or five times about the predictave dialer as you are about to
become the phone equevalent of a spammer slime. Or if you are wanting to
sell the software, you become the equivalent of the virus writer who
provides spammers zombies to use when spamming.