[Asterisk-Users] linphone with *

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Mon Oct 11 16:04:13 MST 2004

Michael George wrote:

>We are trying to get a softphone working on a gentoo system and are having
>trouble.
>
>kphone isn't working on the laptop, complaining about sound access
>
>iaxcomm doesn't start up: "Fatal Error: Couldn't Initialize IAX Client"

AFA iaxcomm, this might be because your audio device doesn't support
8khz (or you don't have an audio device).

Try running "esddsp iaxcomm" -- this would work in this case, but adds
some latency..

(we'd need to do sample rate conversion in the library to handle this
case, but it's only an issue on some linux machines: all the others
always support 8khz).

-SteveK