[Asterisk-Users] Re: SIP peers in MySQL Database

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Mon Oct 11 06:48:46 MST 2004

> Why asterisk use ODBC(Microsoft?) to connect to SQL
> database?

1. It's not Microsoft at all.
2. It's unixODBC (I don't see Microsoft here at all)
3. Wider database support without having to know each database type.
4. It's not much slower than native DB drivers. (15-33% slower)

	But In my tests you would never see this unless you're doing 10k
selects and 5k inserts and that's on a 1ghz box.

> Anybody could answer to my first question ?

Not really sure what your first question is and I'm not gonna dig for it.

bkw