[Asterisk-Users] Newbie OT Question - Hardware advise

Zdik Kudrle zdik.kudrle at cesketelekomunikace.cz
Mon Oct 11 05:55:55 MST 2004

Hello,

in advance I'd like to apologize myself for probably stupid questions
which follow, I'm just a newbie to Asterisk:

I'd like to use Asterisk as VoIP gateway between two PBXen. Ie:

Phone Net 1

PBX 1 ----------- TelCo

Asterisk 1

[VoIP]

Asterisk 2

PBX 2 ----------- Telco

Phone Net 2

So the calls from PhoneNet1 to PhoneNet2 would be routed through VoIP. I'm
sure that this is not some magic and configuring Asterisk won't be that
hard. Of course, if there's some HOWTO to this case, let me know... :-)

I've got much more important question:
Which HW to use? I'm able to connect PBX to Asterisk using ISDN line -
I want the solution to be universal. I do need max. 2 simultaneous
channels (for now), one line should be fine then - I'd like to use some
simple ISDN card. Problem is, that in ISDN4Linux FAQ there's written:

<quote>
3.1 feature_not: Which ISDN features cannot be offered by isdn4linux?
.
.
Such device-specific ISDN features are, among others: rejection of a
waiting call, caller id on/off, ...
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Should I interpret it that simple ISDN cards supported by I4L doesn't
support CLI/CLIP/CLIR? It's necessary for my solution that CLI is present
on every end - otherwise the PBX won't be able to decide about routing the
call through VoIP.

Please advise me piece of hardware that's: suitable for this solution,
not expensive (I don't want to buy profi stuff as Zaptels right in the
beginning) and working in Europe. Has anybody tried something like this?

Thanks a lot

--ZK

-  - -----------------------[ CESKE TELEKOMUNIKACE ]------ -  -
    Zdik Kudrle