[Asterisk-Users] re: ATA units: anyone have these working

Stewart Nelson sn at scgroup.com
Mon Oct 11 05:22:05 MST 2004

> please take a look at these units:
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1048701&CatId=1596

The price of $30 after rebate certainly looks interesting.

> are they locked?

If the firmware agrees with the manual at
http://www.voip2.net/Operator_Manual.pdf ,
it's not even possible to change the UI password.  Also,
since this device is intended to go on the WAN side of
your router (or to act as a router), some user config is
needed, so I would think that it would not be locked.

> does anyone have one working with asterisk or SER?

Sorry, have not used one but I also would be interested
in hearing from someone who has.

> Are these rebadged units from a different manufacturer?

Seems likely.  Google for "voip root wakeup" (without the
quotes) yields hits from numerous Japanese ISPs that use
what appears to be the same box (UI very similar, same
case, slightly different indicator functions).  For example, see

http://www.cypress.ne.jp/web/web-common/setting/voip/connect-adapter/connect-adapter.html

The logo on these units is NTT, but I don't know if they
are the manufacturer. (An inexpensive unit like this is
probably assembled in China, anyhow.)

> anyone have any experience good or bad with these?

--Stewart