[Asterisk-Users] RE: bt communicator`

Whisker, Peter Peter.Whisker at logicacmg.com
Mon Oct 11 01:34:46 MST 2004

Hi Robert;

First, you have to use the SIP2 channel code (chan_sip2.c) from
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000759 as this does the
proxy-authenticate properly.

Get the module, follow the build instructions, and add "noload=chan_sip.so"
to stop the old code loading. It will autoload the new one.

You need to know the username that the Yahoo Communicator uses. Ethereal or
similar will trace SIP for you. The username I type into communicator has
".brz" appended by the Communicator for some reason. The password is the one
you type into communicator but I had to "MD5" it. Comment below password
shows how.

[general]
;port = 5060                    ; Port to bind to
port = 5052				  ; change to 5052 as 5060 will not
authorise on BTCommunicator
; Note if you want local SIP on 5060, you need to use siproxd or similar to
redirect (unless anyone knows otherwise)
pedantic=no
disallow=all                    ; Disallow all codecs
allow=alaw                      ; Allow codecs in order of preference ; BT
uses a-law
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
;allow=ilbc
defaultexpirey=1200		  ; Change for BT as it objects to 3600 -
note deliberate spelling error

register =>
[username].brz at btinternet.com:[password]@sip.btcommunicator.bt.net

; Need to state externip as the internal address otherwise BT won't work -
something to do with NAT
;externip = 195.13x.xx.xx
externip = 192.168.10.250
localnet = 192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0
;.
;.
;.

[bt]
type=friend
nat=yes
disallow=all
allow=alaw
canreinvite=no
username=[username].brz
authuser=[username].brz
fromdomain=btinternet.com
fromuser=[username].brz
auth=[username]:[password]@btinternet.com		; I didn't have the
.brz here and it works?
md5secret=6eb36df5f5d94381973b6090b30e0f59
host=btinternet.com
;outboundproxy=sip.btcommunicator.bt.net		;not needed
;outboundproxyport=5060					;not needed
;MD5
;alambil:/etc/asterisk# echo -n
"[username].brz at btinternet.com:btinternet.com:[password]" | md5sum
;6eb36fd5f5d94381973b6090b30e0f59  -

Once this worked, I didn't change it. There are probably unneeded lines
above.

Regards
Peter