[Asterisk-Users] microphone on localhost gateway

Bin Ren bin.ren at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:45:23 MST 2004

Hi all:

I've setup Asterisk as a SIP server running on port 5060. I've also
added port=5061 and host=127.0.0.1 to user 'me'. As a result, I can
use Linphone and Asterisk on the same machine. Everything works except
the microphone.

I'm using ALSA drivers for VIA-823* on kernel 2.6.8.1

I noticed that once Asterisk is started, I can no longer record
anything by running command "arecord -f cd test.wav". Microphone also
doesn't work under Linphone.

My Linphone can only be configured to use the VIA ALSA device.

I guess it's related to sharing one sound device between both server
and Linphone. Is anything to solve the conflict? Thanks!

-- Bin