[Asterisk-Users] Bypass VoiceMail Mailbox prompt

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Fri Oct 8 06:28:04 MST 2004

Our Mailbox numbers correspond with the caller id so we use the
${CALLERIDNUM} variable to pass to VoiceMailMain.  It would be
nice to be able to grab the mailbox= value from the channels
respective config file.  Right now all I can think of would be to
either patch app_voicemail to use that value (maybe using a flag
or something) or to execute a res_perl script to get the mailbox
number from the channel and make it available in the dialplan.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Good luck,

Robert Jackson