[Asterisk-Users] Zapateller Answering?

Paul Dugas Paul at DugasEnterprises.com
Fri Oct 8 05:56:00 MST 2004

Been tinkering and found Zapateller appears to be answering when I didn't
expect it to.  I have something like so:

[incoming]
exten => s,1,NoOp ;Zapateller(answer|nocallerid)
exten => s,2,PrivacyManager
exten => s,3,Dial(${RING},20)

I have a 1x1 analog * installation with a couple IP phones too.  I've got
the FXO interface connected to the home phone line.  When I get an inbound
call, all the other phones in the house ring and *, via the setup above,
rings my analog extension and IP phones.

If I put the Zapateller back in (remove the "NoOp ;") and call the house,
the house phones only ring once while the analog extension and IP phones
keep going.  It seems to me that Zapateller is answering.  Is this right?

I expected the "nocallerid" would make it not play the tones AND not
answer if there was callerID with the call.

Where am I going wrong here?

Paul

--
Paul A. Dugas                               Dugas Enterprises, LLC
email: paul at dugasenterprises.com            1711 Indian Ridge Drive