[Asterisk-Users] broadvoice connection problem

niles at atheos.net niles at atheos.net
Thu Oct 7 07:38:24 MST 2004

I was a broadvoice customer until last week, when I was told that:
1. "we have hundreds of users using Asterisk, and you're the only one
having this problem"
2. "sorry about this issue, but we don't support Asterisk"

I understand that they don't officially support Asterisk, but the first
comment was
un-constructive at best.
It wouldn't have been so bad, but they had an admitted connection
problems between the
27th and 29th that were similar to the problems I was having.  This
should permit for some
skepticism on their part about a potential problem not outside of their
network.

About 30 minutes to an hour after my Asterisk box authenticated within
the broadvoice system,
I would loose registration on all 3 of my accounts.  Restarting
asterisk would start the cycle
all over which lead to a couple very frustrating days.
I ended up canceling my account, and bought a T100P for an existing PRI
that I hadn't
shut off yet.

regardless of my issues, I would recommend broadvoice for anyone who
can afford to be
a little more adventuristic than myself.
Niles