[Asterisk-Users] Rating IP phones from the users POV?

Paul Dugas Paul at DugasEnterprises.com
Wed Oct 6 13:23:14 MST 2004

Looking to outfit a 8-person office shortly and am looking for IP phone
recomendations.  Saw recent threads and the wiki with all kinds of
suggestions and notes on configs but little on the "feel" and sound
quality.  I have a PolyCom SoundPointPro analog desk/speaker phone and the
Cisco 7940 here.  How to the other business-class phones compare, from a
user's point of view, to these?

Things like:

  - user interface for speed-dials and caller-id info is poor
    on my old Polycom but sound is good and speakerphone is great

  - UI on the cisco is great as are "feel" and sound.

How do the Snom, Polycom IP, Aastra, Uniden, etc compare?

TIA,

Paul
--
Paul A. Dugas                               Dugas Enterprises, LLC
email: paul at dugasenterprises.com            1711 Indian Ridge Drive