[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Festival, getting gethostbyname failed error

Steve Woolley swoolley at adstelecom.com
Wed Oct 6 12:24:34 MST 2004

Interestingly enough I had this same problem today....

1. I created the directory and permissions for the directory "
/var/lib/asterisk/festivalcache/ " (per the comment in the festival.conf
file)

2. I had to comment out some things in the festival.conf file: the
"host" line, the "port" line, and the "festivalcommand" line. I have
also noticed the festivalcache functionality is not working -- but that
may be because I am using the newest festival version 1.95beta. This may
be the reason I also had to comment out the "festivalcommand" line.