[Asterisk-Users] no audio from asterisk

Wed Oct 6 03:29:31 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 19:46, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 19:28, Atif Rasheed wrote:
> > I am using gentoo Linux and Asterisk CVS-HEAD-09/23/04-19:57.
> > I have tested both KPhone and IaxComm for linux but receiving no audio
> > from asterisk.
> > sound is working fine, as I can listen playing files using PLAY or
> > APLAY.
> > KPhone is configured with DTMFmode=inband and codec is ulaw
> > and IaxComm is configured with ilbc
> >
> > if somebody can sort out this
>
> Are you using linux kernel v2.6.x ?? Which version?
> Does your linux kernel have any of the following options
> enabled/disabled? What are they?
>
> Processor Type and Features:
>   HPET Timer Support
>     Provide RTC Interrupt
> Device Drivers
>   Character Device
>     Enhanced Real Time Clock Support
>
> I am suspicious that enabling/disabling some combination of those may be
> the culprit...
>
> I haven't had a chance to try and track this down yet...
>
> Though I have heard other people with 2.6.x kernel who have the same
> problem (incl me) and also some people who have it working....

Replying to myself, i've enabled all of the above, and still am not having
any luck. Though I did notice that zaptel module requires the crc32 module.

Can someone post (either to the list, or to me offlist) their kernel .config
file for 2.6.x which is working for them. I'd like to determine if the problem
is in the kernel, or perhaps in the library/utilities I have installed.

PS, I am using up to date Debian testing.

Thanks,
Adam