[Asterisk-Users] IAXy2 Question

Martin Keding mkeding at ratrivertech.ca
Tue Oct 5 23:09:19 MST 2004

I just started using a IAXy. It would great but I am a little confused with
the extensions.conf dial plan. I need to use "exten =>
1,Dial(IAX2/testuser,20)" but there are lots of references on the wiki that
say you should be able to use just "DIAL(IAX/testuser,20)"

Second, I am also using the IAX soft client from Sokol which uses GSM codec.
Asterisk complains that it is no longer a supported codec, even though in
iax.conf, there is a place to turn it on. Any ideas?

Martin