[Asterisk-Users] IAXy - anyone using them yet?

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Tue Oct 5 21:05:55 MST 2004

in watching this overall discusson...

the dns is important.

I find the lack of the choice of FXO or FXS is a drawback.

BUT,

one item which severely restricts our rollout of Asterisk, is very
simple.

We have no AVAILABLE ethernet Lan Phone.

Now I would luv to heard of intel or similar implementing in a single
chip like the h323/sip variants the added IAX.

When and if would great enhance the rollout of Asterisk.

I notice that whilst the software Firefly and the associated USB phone
is available,
there is no no mention of that web site of the "FT-201" ethernet lan
phone.

I see the use of IAXy in its current form as a stopgap measure.
now waiting for the new integrated model :-)

Gary

PS: if any of the australian Digium resellers are stocking IAXy's and
can
supply pricing and delivery tmes, contact me off list.
.