[Asterisk-Users] Popping and Clicking on Local WAN with X-Lite

Brian McSpadden mcspadden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 12:55:10 MST 2004

Take a look and make sure that none of your digium cards are sharing
irqs with *anything* else. I had the exact problem you describe, and I
had to shift things around until it they had their own. As you can see
in the below example, the only thing using irq 11 is the wctdm driver
(which drives the four port FXO card I have in there from Digium).
You can also see irq 9 being shared by a USB controller, which doesn't
seem to matter in my case. View the same output on your system using
cat /proc/interrupts

To move it from a different irq, some nice motherboards have an option
to assign the irq's in the BIOS. My board was not one of those. I had
to open it up and shift things around the pci slots until I got the
right combination. It takes some trial and error, but it is well worth
the results.

cat /proc/interrupts:

          CPU0
  0:   12453403          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          3          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:      71171          XT-PIC  eth0, uhci
 11:  124458874          XT-PIC  wctdm
 14:      93918          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         60          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0