[Asterisk-Users] Popping and Clicking on Local WAN with X-Lite

Jeremy Roe JRoe at DynamicTechSolutions.net
Tue Oct 5 12:01:14 MST 2004

I'm running a base demo install of Asterisk with ztdummy loaded on a
2Ghz Celeron with 256MB Ram - It's running on Fedora Core 2 in Text Only
mode.  I can connect with no issues but I'm getting intermitent popping
and clicking noises in the demo playback - I've tried a variety of
different codecs all with the same effect.  It's the local wan so I
can't see how QOS would be of any help.  Can you reccomend any fixes for
this as I'm demoing this to the company tommorow and quality of audio is
going to be a big concern even at this early stage.

Thanks,

Jeremy Roe
Division Technical Manager
ABC Computers