[Asterisk-Users] books about ISDN/ss7?

Storer, Darren darren.storer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 12:43:08 MST 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:09:21 +0200, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
<roy at karlsbakk.net> wrote:

> hi
>
> can someone recommend a book about ISDN and SS7? I've been hacking
> asterisk for a while, but it'd be good to get some better background
> within things...

Hi Roy,

I use Signaling System #7 by Travis Russell  for SS7 specific matters
which can be bought very cheaply from eBay ( http://tinyurl.com/6yyrp
) but for a better introduction to ISDN/SS7 etc I prefer: Signaling in
Telecommunication Networks by John G.Van Bosse. This is a much older
book but it's easier to read and covers other protocols such as R2 as
well.

The last set of Asterisk ISUP SS7 traces I received looked VERY good
so I imagine that this topic will become very popular soon.

HTH

Darren
--
Darren Storer