[Asterisk-Users] Re: Long distance provider with access number and auth code

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Tue Oct 5 12:27:27 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
> I need to be able to dial a long distance provider that uses an access
> number and an auth code.  I would like to be able to program this so
> that the user can dial 8 and then the long distance number, asterisk
> will hopefully do everything in the middle.
>
> The sequence to accessing the provider is on my traditional phone speed
> dial as:
>
> * Dial local access number
> * Wait 5 seconds
> * Dial the auth code
> * Dial the number

so you would build some context called [dialout-ld-auth]

with
exten => _81NXXXXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial,Zap/g1/BYEXTENSION
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,3,Wait(5)
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,4,SendDTMF(12345)            ;where 12345 is the auth
code

and in your normal telephone context do an include =>dialout-ld-auth and an
ignorepat =>8

this assumes that the auth code for all users is 12345 and is static.  if
this is not the case then the above will not work but would still be
possible.

> I am not quite sure how to accomplish this with the exten.
>
> I would prefer to avoid using a speed dial on the individual phones if
> possible.  This particular service is dial quite often by a number of
> different people with different phones so simplicity is what I am
> after.  Not to mention saving me explaining the same thing a dozen times
> with a variation per phone used ;-) .
>
> To head off the comments about other ways to get LD access, I have a
> specific application/need that has to be addressed.

Hope that helps.

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com