[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Perl AGI

Victor Cartes vcartes-ast at conexion.com.py
Tue Oct 5 11:31:14 MST 2004

Hello everybody:

    This could be a stupid question, or may be not; I'm not sure 'cause I have not a very wide experience working with Asterisk, actually I just started last week. I need to make an IVR system work and I choose working with AGIs, written in Perl.

    The available documentation I've found show it as a very simple proccess, but it doesn't work for me... and I don't know why yet. To describe you my stage y must start with my configuration in the extensions.conf file. This single line should describe it:

exten => 771,1,AGI,myagi.agi

    Then, this is my code...

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Asterisk::AGI;
$AGI = new Asterisk::AGI;
my %input = $AGI->ReadParse();

$AGI->answer();

my $pin = $AGI->get_data("beep");

exit(0);

Can somebody tell me why the number I enter after the "beep" is not then stored in $pin ?

I'll really preciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Víctor Cartes