[Asterisk-Users] TDM20B and UK caller ID signalling

Robert Boardman robb at boardman.me.uk
Tue Oct 5 10:41:42 MST 2004

Hi  Chris

I have had a similar problem

when you have an incoming call and asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvgc show the
internal zap channel ringing do you get something like

"didn't finish callerid spill"

if so its because you are using  UK ring  which has a very short ring
ring and there is not time to send caller id in between the first two rings

this is what I did to sort it

change your dial string to
exten => s,3,Dial,zap/2r2 so the ring cadence changes

and change the cidrings value in chan_zap.c to

/* Typically, how many rings before we should send Caller*ID */
#define DEFAULT_CIDRINGS 2

in my chan_zap.c its on line 92

then recompile chan_zap ( i just recompiled the asterisk directory in
/usr/src/asterisk  using  'make clean; make install')
it should work

I haven't found many phones that support uk callerid but don't support
US as well, Asterisk sends US caller id.

regards
Robb