[Asterisk-Users] Limit extensions to single lines

Dee Lowndes dee at asyouneed.com
Tue Oct 5 01:39:18 MST 2004

> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 01:17 +0100, Dee Lowndes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I have been trying to get my * box to limit an extension to one
> > line for either an inbound or outbound call anyone got a quick
example I
> > can look at or a good howto?
>
> Well as extensions are dial plan logic and not real things, there
isn't
> any way. Now if you want to limit one phone to one phone line, thats
> different.
>
> It will depend on the type of interface. On Zap, turn off Three way
> calling, transfer, and callwaiting. Also remove the on busy voicemail
so
> you can drop the call as quickly as possible.
>
> If on SIP, you will have to do something probably with the DB to deal
> with use counts as SIP phones can handle most of the advance telephone
> work itself such as call waiting and three way calling.
>
> Looks like you need to expand a bit on your hardware to really answer
> the question.
> --
> Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>

Basically this is mainly for SIP clients using hardware phones but it
might also include a few IAX clients. I still want them to have access
to voicemail and to be able to transfer a call to another extension I
just don't want them to be able to make or receive more that one call at
a time.

Cheers,
Dee