[Asterisk-Users] Limit extensions to single lines

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 4 20:51:47 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 01:17 +0100, Dee Lowndes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I have been trying to get my * box to limit an extension to one
> line for either an inbound or outbound call anyone got a quick example I
> can look at or a good howto?

Well as extensions are dial plan logic and not real things, there isn't
any way. Now if you want to limit one phone to one phone line, thats
different.

It will depend on the type of interface. On Zap, turn off Three way
calling, transfer, and callwaiting. Also remove the on busy voicemail so
you can drop the call as quickly as possible.

If on SIP, you will have to do something probably with the DB to deal
with use counts as SIP phones can handle most of the advance telephone
work itself such as call waiting and three way calling.

Looks like you need to expand a bit on your hardware to really answer
the question.