[Asterisk-Users] spandsp 0.0.2

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 05:14:22 MST 2004

Steve Underwood:

> The libtiff 3.6.1 in most distributions should have been
> patched. The patches have existed for months. They should
> certainly be in 3.7.0. I doubt that is the problem.

OK, I'll go along with that.

> If the tones are audibly distorted something must be
> configured incorrectly. Could the codecs be mixed up somehow?
> mixing up ulaw and alaw sounds recognisable but rather distorted.

Yup, it sounds like that could be the problem.

Now here's an interesting one.......

In sip.conf, the only 'allow=' line for the fax extension is 'allow=alaw'.
The Sipura is configured for alaw only and yet 'sip show channels' was
displaying:

Peer             User/ANR    Call ID      Seq (Tx/Rx)   Format
81.187.178.54    602         13dc713d-d8  00101/00101   ULAW
1 active SIP channel(s)

Hmmmmm.

I changed sip.conf to allow ulaw and set the Sipura to prefer alaw, but
allow other codecs and.... exactly the same problem, with * reporting that
the connection was in ulaw. Even setting the Sipura to prefer ulaw doesn't
get it working.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nick Barnes