[Asterisk-Users] spandsp 0.0.2

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 04:14:13 MST 2004

Steve Underwood
> If you download pre3 it should be OK.

Installing it on Slack 10 with libtiff-3.6.1 produced a garbage-filled tiff
when used with www.tpc.int. I imagined that this version wasn't patched, so
I installed libtiff-3.7.0 (beta 2) which, according to some of the pages
seems to address these problems. I recompiled spandsp and asterisk and
checked that the modules were all linked to 3.7.0, but I still get the same
garbage in the tiff.

Trying from a local fax machine (which can fax the outside world with no
problems) connected to a Sipura 2000 and using alaw, it all goes horribly
wrong - the negotiation tones sound corrupted and nasty and it fails to send
at all.

Nick Barnes