[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Sipura-3000 - Immediate hangup on inbound PSTN calls

Sat Oct 2 10:20:13 MST 2004

On Sat,  2 Oct 2004 11:24:09 -0600, Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote:

> > Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: PSTN Disconnect Tone
> >
> > which seems to indicate that the SPA thinks the caller has hung up.
>
> Just seen the same thing here this morning (in the US). I had tested
> outgoing pstn calls from * a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine.
> Now it does not work. However, an ethereal trace indicates * is not
> sending a dial string to the spa3k. Is that due to changes that occurred
> with *, or, spa3k firmware upgrade that happened at roughly the same
> time (here). I don't know at this point. Without digging into it, I'd
> have to guess (with absolutely no facts to back it up) that changes
> with the sip protocol handling within * has something to do with it.

I was talking about *incoming* calls from the PSTN to the FXO port on
the Sipura-3000. The SPA pick up the call coming in from the PSTN and
returns a fast busy to the PSTN caller then hangs up.

Outgoing calls from Asterisk via the SPA to the PSTN work fine.

On incoming calls, the SPA makes no attempt to send the call anywhere,
so it's not a SIP issue.

thanks anyway
rgds
benjk